We’ve compiled some FAQ’s to help make your first class at Yoga Station super smooth!
- We are located on the Second Floor of the Dunkin’ Donuts building at 221 East Hartsdale Avenue, Hartsdale, NY, steps from the Hartsdale Train Station.
- The entrance to the building is on the side, where there are stairs and an elevator to whisk you to the second floor.
- Meter parking on Hartsdale Avenue is good for 90 minutes. Limited availability.
- Municipal parking lot behind Rite Aid on the other side of the street.
- Meter parking is FREE after 8:00 pm, and all day Sunday!
- FREE STREET PARKING for 3 hours by Hitchcock Church on Greenacres Avenue. A 3 minute walk across the pedestrian bridge will get you to Yoga Station!
- FREE Parking along the pipeline road to Edgemont on Saturdays. Turn into Hartsdale Train Station and make a sharp right. Parking is on left side.
What to Wear?
- Clothes that you can move and breathe in easily.
- T-shirts, and yoga pants, or jogging pants. Bare feet.
- The room is warmer in the summer months and cooler in the winter. You may sweat so feel free to bring a towel.
- Please do not wear perfumes or cologne.
What to Bring?
- Quarters for Parking
- Yoga Mat (or we rent them for $2 cash)
- Water bottle or cup: we have free cold and hot water (and tea bags!)
- If you bring your phone, make sure it is turned off or silenced in class.
- Sense of Humor: hey, it can’t hurt!
I’m a Newbie. Which Class Should I Take?
- Saturdays 11:30 am – 1:00 pm is Basics for Beginners. It’s geared for beginners, and perfect for those new to the practice.
- Other appropriate classes for beginners are Tuesdays 12:00 noon, Tuesdays 7:00 pm, and Wednesdays at 8:00 pm.
- If none of those times work, look for the Hatha classes that are held throughout the week. They tend to be slower moving than the more athletic vinyasa classes we offer.
- If you enjoy more of a flow, the Vinyasa classes may be more your speed. If you are new to yoga, there is a bit of learning curve, but keep your sense of humor (see above)…it’s a marvelous practice.
We look forward to welcoming you in person! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 914-874-6295 or email me at YogaStation@yahoo.com.
Char Daigle, Owner